The Post-9/11 Veterans Assistance Act of 2008, also knows as the new GI Bill, was a significant event for active-duty and veteran students. The new GI Bill offers the 2 million service members who have served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan generous support for educational expenses and has resulted in an increase in the number of veterans and military personell enrolling in higher education.
For more information on the GI Bill, click here
Colleges and Universities:
- An independent four-year college of liberal arts and sciences affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Augustana will celebrate 125 years in the Quad-Cities in the year 2000. 639 38th St., Rock Island; (309) 794-7000.
Black Hawk College
– Designated a “Military Friendly School” by G.I. Jobs.com for the third year in a row, Black Hawk College is a two-campus community college fully accredited by the North Central Association. Black Hawk offers two-year associate's degrees as well as vocational and technical training. Click here for a direct link to Black Hawk College’s Veteran Affairs section. The Moline Campus is at 6600 34th Ave., (309) 796-1311; East Campus is at 1501 Illinois 78, Kewanee, (309) 852-5671 or (800) 233-5671.
Upper Iowa University – Quad Cities Center
Since 1857, Upper Iowa University has been preparing students to succeed—in the classroom and in the world. Our rich history, coupled with a student-centered mission, has created a springboard for UIU to become a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including face to face, online and self-paced study.
Visit Upper Iowa University Quad Cities Center located at 1401 Kimberly Road, Bettendorf, Iowa (563) 359-7111 to learn more about our programs and your options of taking classes at the Bettendorf location, online or through our self- paced programs.
Upper Iowa offers a wide variety of educational opportunities tailored to fit the dynamic lifestyle of today's military personnel and their families. Upper Iowa has been named a top Military-Friendly University by Military Advanced Education and Victory Media. We are proud to be a participating institution in the Principles of Excellence
and Yellow Ribbon
programs. - See more at: http://www.uiu.edu/future/military-veterans
Palmer Chiropractic Clinics
Founded in 1897, Palmer is the oldest and most respected name in chiropractic education. It is accredited by the North Central Association and the Council on Chiropractic Education and offers a five-year doctor of chiropractic degree, bachelor and master of science degrees, and chiropractic technologist certification.
Yellow Ribbon Program
St. Ambrose University
- A private four-year liberal-arts college offering a wide range of programs leading to both bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as a new doctoral program in business administration. St. Ambrose has a designated Veterans Affairs Office. 518 W. Locust St., Davenport; (563) 333-6000.
Scott Community College
- A two-year college accredited by the North Central Association and is also a Servicemembers Opportunities College (SOC). Programs are offered for both college transfer and career education. 500 Belmont Road, Bettendorf; (563) 441-4001. It is one of three community colleges comprising the Eastern Iowa Community College District; (563) 322-5O15.
Eastern Iowa Community College
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges includes Clinton, Muscatine and Scott Community Colleges. Stretched along the banks of the Mississippi River, the district covers all of Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine and Scott Counties, as well as parts of Cedar and Louisa Counties. Contact Rebecca Geiken
the Military/Veteran/Family Members Student Affairs Program Facilitator. For general info email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (563) 336-3300 | (800) 462-3255.
Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences
With a presence in the Quad Cities for more than 100 years, Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences has become the community leader in developing experienced and knowledgeable health professionals. Our academic programs are well-respected, and focus on the development of the critical thinking and practical skills necessary for entry into today's fast-changing health care environment. Through our affiliation with UnityPoint Health — Trinity, our students are able to work with some of the most technologically-advanced equipment in the medical field, in both simulated and clinical settings.
The college also offers the Military Medic to Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The basic option is designed to assist recent veterans and current reservists who have prior military medical training and service experience to qualify for advanced standing credit in a baccalaureate level nursing program. The Military Medic to BSN option prepares men and women from culturally and ethnically diverse communities for a career as professional nurses. Graduates function as providers, managers and leaders of direct and indirect comprehensive care in a variety of health care settings. BSN graduates demonstrate the knowledge, proficiency and cultural competence of an educated person including the ability to synthesize general and professional education. To learn more, visit www.trinitycollegeqc.edu
Western Illinois University - Quad Cities
- Founded in 1899, based in Macomb and accredited by the North Central Association and designated a Military Friendly School. Click here for more information about Veterans and Military Personnel at Western Illinois University - Quad Cities. The university offers four undergraduate-degree programs at its Quad Cities campus at 3300 River Drive in Moline, IL. (309) 762-9481.
Military Friendly Online Colleges and Universities
MBA Programs for Veterans
Academy of Massage Therapy
425 17th St., Moline
Bible Missionary Institute
3501 46th Ave., Rock Island 309-788-0491
2540 E 53rd S., Davenport
Commonwealth Business College
1527 47th Ave., Moline
Davenport Barber College
730 E. Kimberly Road, Davenport
Hamilton Technical College
1011 E. 53rd St., Davenport
1801 E. Kimberly Road, Davenport
La'James College of Hairstyling
5202 N Brady St., Davenport
485 42nd Ave., East Moline
Lincoln Barber College
653-55 15th Ave., East Moline
Marketing Unlimited School of Modeling
1921 5th Ave., Moline
Partners in Job Training
County Office Building 1504 3rd Ave. #2, Rock Island
Quad City Area Flying Eagles
6152 76th Ave., Moline
1122 5th Ave., Moline
Quad City International Airport, Moline
Additional Continuing Education Resources for Veterans