We Hire Military
What is We Hire Military
We Hire Military is an initiative of the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce and Hooah!Quad Cities to link members of the miliary in our community to companies that are actively hiring.
We understand that hiring military members and providing them with career opportunities is not only good for the soldier and their families, but it’s good for our companies, too. Soldiers make great employees – their military experience provides them with leadership skills, confidence and teaming abilities that can be gained few other places.
Become a partner today and recieve promotion and recognition as a military friendly employer in the Quad Cities.
Why Hire military
- Leadership: Military employees are excellent leaders and outstanding followers: loyal, dedicated, and highly motivated.
- Professionalism: Military employees have a high degree of integrity, an air of self-respect, and a sense of honor.
- Responsibility: Military employees know how to make decisions and take responsibility for meeting objectives.
- Understand Diversity: Military employees have succeeded in a very diverse workplace.
- Physical Conditioning: Military employees are in top physical condition, resilient, and drug-free.
- Can Do Attitude: Military employees possess critical skills and understand that nothing is impossible.
- Calm Under Pressure: Military employees are resilient and know how to handle stress, both on and off the job.
- First Class Image: Military employees understand a professional appearance is a must.
- On Time: Military employees know that every second counts
- Global Perspective: Military employees have experiences that directly relate to current world events
Federal Tax Credits
For more information click here.
State Tax Credits – Illinois
For companies in Illinois the Hiring Veterans Tax Credit can be as high as $9,600 per veteran for for-profit employers or up to $6,240 for tax-exempt organizations.
Statement of Support
Partner companies of We Hire Military will include small, medium and large businesses in the Quad Cities region that are committed to hiring active and retired military.
By signing a Statement of Support, businesses pledge to:
- Seek to hire Veterans, Guardsmen, Reservists and transitioning Soldiers
- Continually recognize and support our country's service members and their families in times of peace, crisis and in war.
In return, a partner organization will receive:
- Company logo on Hooah! website with direct link to company "Careers" page
- A means to share success stories and testimonials
- Public recognition of partnership via press release and/or other mediums of media
Download the Form >>
Or use this online form to get in touch with us now: